Medical City Dallas Heart
When it comes to the heart, we don’t miss a beat.
Thanks to our world-class facility, many patients are living longer, happier and healthier lives.
Pioneers in Beating Heart Surgeries
Our physicians are at the forefront of cardiovascular technology, leading medical breakthroughs through research and innovations in beating-heart aortic valve replacement surgery, world-class heart transplant program and a state-of-the-art vascular lab.
- Cardiac surgeons and interventional cardiologists at Medical City were the first in the United States to successfully perform a beating heart valve replacement surgery without opening the patient’s chest. Because of our experience in valvular heart disease, Medical City was selected by the FDA as an investigative site for an international trial evaluating the Edwards SAPIEN transcatheter aortic valve replacement procedure (TAVR). For more information, please visit the Dallas Valve Institute at Medical City.
- Medical City’s Heart Transplant Program has been recognized nationally and continues to be one of the most active transplant programs in the region. And no other area hospital features a more comprehensive cardiac catheterization lab treatment center. All administrative and clinical procedures are performed in one location, making the procedure easier on the patient and more efficient for the physician.
- Nationally recognized for design and operation, our Clinical Decision Unit (CDU) is a dedicated area where individuals who arrive at our Emergency Room with heart attack symptoms can be monitored by a specially trained cardiovascular staff. Medical City’s CDU has been emulated by other hospitals across the country. Read more about our key capabilities.
Medical City HeartStrong
Many heart conditions have virtually no symptoms. Often a person does not know there’s a problem until it becomes so severe he or she suffers a major cardiac event.
There are screenings that find the problems early, but insurance companies often won’t cover them until there are serious symptoms. For patients and physicians, it’s a “catch-22.”
Medical City now offers a new tool to men and women interested in avoiding serious cardiac events. The HeartStrong screening includes five tests Medical City’s Director of Quality Cardiology Outcomes, Dr. Michael Isaac, believes most accurately screen for hardening of the arteries, abnormal heartbeats, and undetected heart defects. Visit Medical City HeartStrong to learn more about the HeartStrong screening.
Heart Failure Prevention at Medical City Dallas
Medical City’s Dr. Michael Isaac performed the first CardioMEMS procedure in North Texas.
Medical City Vascular Center
We are a team of specialists with one top priority: our patients.
The vascular team at Medical City offers a truly multidisciplinary approach to vascular care. Our specialists work together to meet all of our patients’ needs for peripheral vascular disease, endovascular services, diabetes management, wound care and stroke prevention on one campus. A panel of board-certified vascular/thoracic surgeons, interventional cardiologists, interventional radiologists and specially trained nurses form our vascular team provide comprehensive care.
As the first hospital in North Texas to be designated as a Magnet facility by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for excellence in nursing care, Medical City is dedicated to the well being of our patients. That’s why our integrated team of physicians collaborate to diagnose each patient’s condition and determine the most effective treatment for that individual. By working together, our entire vascular team provides the best possible care in one convenient place.
We offer comprehensive care from a collaborative approach.
- Our specialists provide a truly multidisciplinary approach to vascular care to offer the best possible treatment.
- Our team meets all of our patients’ needs for peripheral vascular disease, endovascular services, diabetes management, wound care and stroke prevention in one convenient place.
- Medical City’s Vascular Lab, a state-of-the-art, completely digital facility, was one of the first in Dallas to be accredited for high quality patient care by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories (ICAVL).
- Medical City was the first hospital in North Texas to be designated as a Magnet facility by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for excellence in nursing care.