We know cancer. Medical City Cancer detects and treats all kinds of cancer in its state-of-the-art facility. Our physicians and nurses are highly trained in the management and recognition of problems unique to cancer patients, and our care teams are focused on providing a calming and secure environment.
Patient-focused, personalized care. We are committed to anticipating and meeting your individual needs. Our multidisciplinary approach engages patients with nurse navigators who are ready to help coordinate everything from pre-treatment financial arrangements to family education and psychosocial support. We also offer dietitians, physical therapists, and a chaplain to help ensure that our patients and their families are as comfortable as possible. A dedicated social worker and case manager are available to assist in your discharge needs.
We’re dedicated to strengthening hope in the lives of our patients. A cancer diagnosis can be a frightening thing. But we’re here to help fight it together. Our care team is highly skilled, our follow-up schedule is thorough and our support network is vast. It’s all designed to meet the needs of cancer patients and families throughout the cancer experience.
Medical City has patient navigation services available to their cancer patients. Patient navigators are individuals trained to help cancer patients through the sometimes confusing and complex health care system. The oncology patient navigator position was developed to assist patients with the many challenges that come with a cancer diagnosis. It is often difficult to understand the specific care and treatment options at a time when the patient may be feeling overwhelmed. Our oncology patient navigator is an advanced practice nurse who can be a primary resource for cancer patients and the people who care for them during all stages of care.
The complexity of care and treatment options throughout someone’s cancer journey requires patient education and preparation, which a patient navigator provides. Patients and their families expect timely access to comprehensive cancer treatment and an efficient referral processes throughout our community. In addition, navigators are available to help anticipate potential barriers, whether they are financial, communication, information or transportation related.
Accreditations and Certifications
- Our nurses are all registered professionals who have completed education and training by the Oncology Nursing Society (ONS)
- Recognized as a Magnet hospital for excellence in nursing care by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- Accredited by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons (ACOS) and granted three-year approval with commendation from the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the ACOS
- Recipient of the Commission on Cancer Outstanding Achievement Award
- CEO Cancer Gold Standard accreditation
- Our Stem Cell Processing Laboratory is FDA registered and accredited by AABB and the Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT)
- Our Stem Cell Transplantation and Research Program is accredited by the Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT)