Bariatric Weight Loss Surgery at Medical City Dallas
The Right Place to Start Your Weight Loss Journey
The Comprehensive Care Center for Weight Loss at Medical City is a Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program Center of Excellence. It offers the most experienced bariatric physicians in Dallas, the full range of surgical options, a life-long commitment to your post-surgical needs and the comfort of having a hospital of specialists standing by should any complications arise.
As a MBSAQIP Accredited Center of Excellence, Medical City has:
- An Institutional Commitment to Excellence
- Highest Quality Nursing Care
- Bariatric-friendly Equipment
- Experienced, Well-Trained Bariatric Surgeons
- Designated Medical Director and Medical Director Emeritus
- Consultants and Critical Care Support
- Patient Support Groups
- Multidisciplinary Team Approach
- Lifelong Medical Surveillance
Medical City is also a Center of Excellence for Aetna, Blue Cross, Cigna, and Optum Health.
Which Procedures are Available at Medical City?
Our bariatric surgeons at Medical City perform:
- Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Robotically-Assisted Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Robotically-Assisted Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Laparoscopic Gastric Banding / Revision / Removal
Are You A Candidate for Bariatric Surgery?
Most insurance companies base their criteria on the following NIH Guidelines:
- BMI of 40 or greater
- BMI of 35-40 with significant co-morbidity (such as diabetes, hypertension, obstructive sleep apnea, etc.)
- Documented dietary attempts ineffective
For More Information about Weight Loss Surgery
Call Heather Hunt, Bariatric Coordinator at (972) 566-6749. Or you may email email@example.com.
Will Your Insurance Cover Bariatric Surgery?
- Insurance benefits and criteria for weight loss surgery vary greatly by plan and by employer. Medical City’s Financial Advisors would be happy to discuss your specific case with you. To reach one of them, call (972) 566-6328 between 8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday through Friday, or visit Medical City’s Admission Office located in Building A on the first floor.
- Insurance Information
- Other Financial Considerations: Self-pay pricing is available upon request by contacting our Financial Counselors at (972) 566-6328.