Flu Season Guidelines
Your Medical City family is committed to providing you with a safe and secure environment as a part of our promise to you.
In an effort to prevent the spread of influenza and other respiratory illnesses, we ask that you adhere to the following Visitation Guidelines that will remain in effect throughout "flu season." These guidelines apply to all visitors, including family members:
- If you are visitor with flu-like symptoms—fever and cough or sore throat—please avoid contact and interaction with patients and refrain from visiting patient care areas. On some units, visitors may be screened for symptoms.
- No children under the age of 12, including siblings, will be permitted on any patient care unit.
- If you are healthy and choose to visit a patient, please look for, and comply with, any precautions that may be listed at the entrance of that patient’s room. If you have any questions, please ask a health care provider before entering the room.
- Visitors are restricted to two adults per patient.
- Please wash your hands or use the waterless hand sanitizer before and after visiting.
We cannot stress enough how important it is to follow the guidelines listed above.
Thank you for your cooperation in ensuring a safe, secure and healthy environment for you and your loved ones.