Maurizio Ghisoli, MD
Jay Courtright, MD
Frequency: Weekly, Wednesdays, 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm
Location: City Hall
Purpose and Objectives
The purpose of the Tumor Board is to educate multidisciplinary physicians and Ancillary staff and who treat or manage cancer patients. Cancer conferences are to improve the care of cancer patients by contributing to the patient management process and outcomes and providing education to physicians in attendance.
Specific Objectives of Each Case Conferences:
- Review and discuss diagnostic studies
- Implement treatment plans to optimize better outcomes
- Differentiation between diagnosis and follow-up modalities for various types of cancer
- Review new procedure, technology, treatment for cancer patients
- Assess available clinical trials
- Describe accurate staging of cancer and national clinical guidelines used in staging
These case conferences will be targeted to physicians on the hospital medical staff-specifically in the specialty of Surgery, Hematology/Oncology, Gastroenterology, Pathology, Radiology and Radiation Oncology, Internal Medicine, Pediatric Subspecialties and will be open to other health professionals involved in the management of the cancer patient.
Medical City Dallas Hospital is accredited by the Texas Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Medical City Dallas Hospital designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physician should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.