Joseph Peterman, MD
Shelley Weiss, MD
Frequency: 2nd and 4th Tuesday, 7:30am - 8:30am
January - May; September - December
Location: Pediatric Class Room A&B
Purpose and Objectives
The purpose of the Pediatric Grand Round is to provide education to close gaps in knowledge related to the latest scientific information, research, and ethical dilemmas related to the diagnosis and treatment of health problems for pediatric patients.
Specific Objectives of Each Case Conferences:
- Provide current information on diagnosis and treatment modalities
- Address ethical issues as they apply to the pediatric population
- Promote continued quality care by referring to pediatric subspecialist when indicated
The target audience for the series is primary care pediatricians. The PGR planning committee identifies educational needs through both formal and informal measures. Survey results and verbal feedback are the most common modalities used. Other interested healthcare professionals are welcome to attend.
Medical City Dallas Hospital is accredited by the Texas Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Medical City Dallas Hospital designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physician should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Past Grand Rounds
- UTIs: A Better Imaging Strategy Than the New AAP Guidelines - 5/08/2012
- What’s Wrong with the CBC? - 3/27/2012