Fetal Board Case Conferences
|Joshua Weiss, MD|
Frequency: Monthly, 3rd Thursday, 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm
Location: Pediatric Class Room A&B
Purpose and Objectives
The purpose of the Maternal Fetal Monitoring Case Conference is to address pertinent issues in the diagnosis and treatment of identified fetal birth defects. Our hope is that we will be able to improve the care of newborns with birth defects by education the medical staff and providing fetal consultative services. Emphasis will be placed on diagnostic considerations, desired therapeutic outcomes, pregnancy management, treatment and management controversies, available clinical trials, and reinforcement of optimal perinatal care.
Specific Objectives of Each Case Conferences:
- Identify and refer pregnancies affected with birth defects to a tertiary level facility including maternal fetal medicine and specialized pediatric via the Fetal Anomaly Care & Treatment Program (FACT).
- Review and discuss diagnostic studies
- Describe accurate diagnosis of fetal birth defects
- Assess available clinical consultation for optimal management of pregnancy and newborn at delivery, including surgical repair
- Define treatment and management options for a wide array of fetal defects requiring treatment and/or surgical repair in the newborn period.
- Implement treatment plans to optimize neonatal outcomes
- Discuss appropriate follow-up features, including statistical analyses of FACT program coordination interventions with neonatal transfer outcomes of similar conditions in matched long-term prospective studies
These case conferences will be targeted to physicians on the hospital medical staff-specifically, obstetrics, maternal fetal specialists, pediatric subspecialists, general pediatrics, and geneticists. Other interested healthcare professionals are welcome to attend.
Medical City Dallas Hospital is accredited by the Texas Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Medical City Dallas Hospital designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physician should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.