Critical Care Grand Rounds
|Adebola O. Adesanya, MD||Srikanth Hosur, MD|
Frequency: Bi-Monthly, 3rd Wednesday 11:00 am to 12:00 pm
Location: Classroom 3 , Building E
Purpose and Objectives
The purpose of the critical care grand rounds is to educate multidisciplinary physicians who are associated with the management of critically ill patients requiring intensive care. This conference helps to improve the care of critically ill patients in the ICU and improves patient management process and outcomes while providing education to physicians in attendance.
Specific Objectives of Each Case Conferences:
- Efficient and effective ICU bed utilization
- Efficient and effective resource use (eg blood trx, invest, procedures)
- Preventing critical care illness
- Recognizing and treating critical care issues early in an evidence based protocol
- Preventing critical organ injury during critical illness
- Identification of treatment of critical organ injury early by evidence based methods
- Improve patient outcomes
- Improved hospital length of stay and mortality reduction
These case conferences will be targeted to physicians on the hospital medical staff-specifically in the specialty of Surgery,Emegency medicine, Pulmonary & critical care, Internal Medicine,Cardiology, Infectious diseases, Nephrology, Gastroentrology, Anesthesiology, Family Practice, Ob/Gyn and will be open to other health professionals involved in the management of the critically ill patient.
The Medical City Dallas Hospital designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physician should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.