Jo Ellen Krueger, MD
Jay Courtright, MD
Frequency: Monthly, 2nd Thursday, 7:00am to 8:00am
Location: Pediatric Board Room
Purpose and Objectives
The purpose of the STB Tumor Conference is to educate multidisciplinary physicians who diagnose treat or manage cancer patients. Cancer conferences are to improve the care of cancer patients by contributing to the patient management process and outcomes and providing education to physicians in attendance.
Specific Objectives of Each Case Conferences:
- Review and discuss diagnostic studies
- Assess available clinical consultation for optimal management of cancer patients
- Define treatment and management options for pre and post surgery cases
- Implement treatment plans to optimize better outcomes
- Differentiation between diagnosis and follow-up modalities for various types of cancer
- Review new procedure, technology, treatment for cancer patients
- Assess available clinical trials
- Describe accurate staging of cancer patients
These case conferences will be targeted to physicians on the hospital medical staff-specifically in the specialty of Surgery, Hematology/Oncology, Pathology, Radiology and Radiation Oncology, Internal Medicine, Pediatric Subspecialties, Family Practice, Ob/Gyn and will be open to other health professionals involved in the management of the cancer patient.
Medical City Dallas Hospital is accredited by the Texas Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Medical City Dallas Hospital designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physician should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.