Associate Degree Nursing Program
El Centro College Associate Degree Nursing Program at Medical City (Grow Your Own)
Acceptance to the Associate Degree Nursing program at HCA is by a competitive selection process based on grade point average of prerequisite courses, achievement of minimum scores on the required sections of the HESI A2, and meeting specific eligibility guidelines as determined by HCA.
Application Eligibility Guideline
To be considered for the Associate Degree Nursing program at HCA, an employee must meet the following criteria:
Submit completed forms to the Site Program Coordinator of the Grow Your Own Nursing.
- Must be employed at an HCA facility for a minimum of six months.
- Is in good standing with the facility; no disciplinary currently or within previous quarter.
- Has submitted a: HCA Profile Form, AD Nursing Prerequisite Form, Release of Grade Form and Recommendation Form - completed by the employee’s manager or director.
In addition, the employee must complete the following steps for application as determined by the El Centro College Associate Degree Nursing program:
- Application and current admission to a Dallas County Community College District (DCCCD) college.
- Attendance at a nursing program information session held at one of the HCA facilities.
- Advisment meeting with Site Coordinator
- Submission of complete application materials to the El Centro College Health Occupations Admissions Office as outlined in the information packet. (Information packets are available at the Medical Library and Organizational Development Office). To be eligible for this program, applicant must be accepted by El Centro College, Associate Degree Nursing.
General Admission Requirements to the College
Applicants to the Associate Degree Nursing program must meet college admission requirements in the Dallas County Community College District as outlined in the official college catalog at http://www.ElCentroCollege.edu. Applicants must have earned either a high school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) in addition to complying with Texas Success Initiative (TSI) requirements.