Baked potatoes stuffed with seasoned, low-fat cottage cheese are a lavish low-fat, low- cholesterol, low-sodium treat.
Serving Size ½ potato each
Total Fat 3 g
Saturated Fat less than 1 g
Cholesterol 1 mg
Sodium 136 mg
Ingredients and Preparation
Medium baking potatoes 4
Low-fat (1%) cottage cheese ¾ cup
Low-fat (1%) milk ¼ cup
Soft margarine 2 tablespoons
Dill weed 1 teaspoon
Herb seasoning ¾ teaspoon
Hot pepper sauce 4-6 drops
Grated parmesan cheese 2 teaspoons
- Prick potatoes with fork. Bake at 425ºF for 60 minutes or until fork is easily inserted.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Carefully scoop out potato leaving about ½ inch of pulp inside shell. Mash pulp in large bowl.
- Mix in by hand remaining ingredients except parmesan cheese. Spoon mixture into potato shells.
- Sprinkle top with ¼ teaspoon parmesan cheese.
- Place on baking sheet and return to oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until tops are golden brown.