Servings and Times
Save leftovers for lunch or freeze for a quick future lunch or dinner.
Ingredients and Preparation
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add half of the meat and brown on both sides. Season with a dash of salt and pepper, and transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining meat.
- Pour beer and water into the skillet and add the bouillon cube. Scrape brown bits off the bottom of the pan and then transfer the pan juices to a bowl with a pour spout or a large measuring cup.
- Add the rest of the oil to the skillet and cook the onions for 2-3 minutes.
- In a Dutch oven or large pot, layer ½ of the potatoes, the meat, the onions, and then the remaining potatoes (ie, begin and end with the potatoes). Season the top layer of potatoes with the remaining ½ teaspoon of salt and add the reserved pan juices.
- Cover and cook over low heat until the potatoes are soft and the meat is tender, about 45 minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve.