Specific Volunteer Opportunities
Medical City volunteers serve in the following areas of the hospital. To see volunteer position summaries, click here.
- Guest & Volunteer Services (Visitor Center, Hospital Lobbies)
- Cardiovascular Services
- Chaplaincy Services (Pastoral Care)
- Emergency Services
- Food & Nutrition Services
- Imaging Services
- Medical Staff Services
- Oncology Services
- Pediatric Services
- Pharmacy Services
- Surgical Services (Family Surgery Waiting Rooms, Adult Day Surgery)
- Therapy Services (Outpatient Rehabilitation)
- Women’s Services
- Special Events
High School and College Volunteer Programs
The minimum age to volunteer is 16-years-old at the time the application is submitted.
Shifts are Monday through Friday (9 a.m. – 1 p.m. and 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.) and may vary depending on assignment.
All student volunteers are scheduled one semester at a time;
- Spring Semester: Jan. 16 – May 31
- Summer Semester: Jun. 1 – Aug. 30
- Fall/Winter Semester: Sept. 1 – Jan. 15
Submit applications 30 days prior to the start date of the semester.
The Medical City Dallas Auxiliary
Fast Facts About the Medical City Dallas Auxiliary
- 501(c)(3) non-profit organization established November 13, 1978
- Governed by Medical City Dallas Auxiliary Board (12 members)
- General Assembly comprised of all senior and adult volunteers
- Philanthropic work, fundraising and donations directly support patients, visitors & staff at MCDH/MCCH and members of our communities
Every adult volunteer at Medical City Dallas is also a member of the Medical City Dallas Auxiliary. This strong volunteer organization not only provides the personal touch helpful to patients in our hospital, but also helps keep our hospital sensitive to the community’s impression of the patient care rendered in and by Medical City Dallas. The Medical City Dallas Auxiliary Program provides service and education. We support patient service in a number of ways (ie. providing direct aid for indigent patients through the Indigent Medication Fund, providing gifts and toys for the Pediatric Toy Closet).
Proceeds from auxiliary fundraisers and projects are designated for scholarships, educational programs, operations of the auxiliary, and non-revenue producing items benefiting patients, families and communities. Proceeds are distributed for tax-exempt purposes, with emphasis placed on providing health career scholarships.
The Medical City Dallas Auxiliary is a non-profit, self-governing organization, authorized by the Medical City Dallas Board of Trustees. We hold two to three fundraising projects a year, sell popcorn, and deliver flower arrangements to patients. With the funds raised through these projects, the Auxiliary provides six to eight scholarships annually for students in specific medical/healthcare classes (Except Pre-Med).
For more information, contact Volunteer Services at (972) 566-7066 or email email@example.com.
Medical City Dallas Auxiliary Board 2015-2016 Officers
Medical City Dallas Auxiliary Board 2015-2016 Members-At-Large
Medical City Dallas Auxiliary Board Accomplishments
- Awarded $325K through Annual Scholarship Fund program
- Standing bi-annual donation of “Good Grief” books to Chaplaincy Ministries, Inc.
- Annual contribution and oversight of Indigent Medication Fund for MCDH/MCCH patients
- Monetary awards ($500 each) given annually to Lois Robillard & Irma Bartlebaugh Service Excellence recipients (Hospital Week)
- Donated $43K to local non-profits through Annual Community Outreach program (ex. Patriot Paws)
- Hosts Annual Golf Tournament (Proceeds directly go to benefit the Chaplaincy Ministries, Inc. and the Hospital’s Annual Community Project)