Becoming a Volunteer/ Application Process
We have more than 50 areas and programs where volunteers give their time, guidance and input. The three simple steps involved in becoming a Medical City Dallas volunteer are:
- Complete and submit an application
Download the appropriate application forms and complete.
- Adult Volunteer Application
- Adult Volunteer Background Authorization
- Junior Volunteer Application
Submit the application forms by:
- Scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Preferred method)
- In person with Volunteer Services located in the Visitors Center at Medical City Dallas
- Mail the application:
Medical City Dallas Volunteer Services Visitor’s Center
7777 Forest Lane, Building A, Suite A-070
Dallas, Texas 75230
- Telephone Screening/Peer Interview
After your application has been reviewed, a volunteer leader will call you to conduct a brief telephone screening/ peer interview.
- If accepted, an appointment will be scheduled to complete next steps in the application process
- Complete initial paperwork
- For adults (ages 18 and above), expect a background check to be conducted
- Health screening/ TB test
- Review of current vaccinations (Tdap, MMR, Varicella, Seasonal Flu)
- Issue uniform
- Schedule date for New Volunteer Hospital Orientation (NVHO)
Annual Requirements (during the month of March)
- Complete Annual Common Review
- Annual Health Screening
- PPD (TB Test)
- Current vaccinations (Tdap, MMR, Varicella, Seasonal Flu)
- Review/Sign Annual Confidentiality & Security Agreement
- Review /Sign Patient Promise form
- Complete Emergency Contact form
- Annual Volunteer Training Competency
- Complete any additional required education or training
If you are unable to volunteer for more than 30 days at a time:
- Return volunteer badge & uniform
- Change volunteer status to inactive
Volunteers benefit from free parking, free meal on day of scheduled shift ($6 value), and may attend the following events:
- Super Bowl Party (January)
- March Madness Party (March)
- Family Easter Egg Hunt (April)
- Volunteer Services Awards Program (April)
- Hospital Week Celebration (May)
- Medical City Dallas Auxiliary Installation of Officers Meeting and Luncheon (May)
- Medical City Turkey Toss (November)
- Volunteer Holiday Party (December)
Shifts are Monday through Friday (9 a.m. – 1 p.m. and 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.) and may vary depending on assignment.
Junior and Senior Volunteers
- Scheduled one semester at a time (Spring, Summer, Fall/Winter).
- MUST commit to one 4-hour shift per week, every week for the entire semester.
- Only one absence per semester is allowed.
- Requests for confirmation of service hours must be submitted to the volunteer office at the beginning of the semester that the student provides service.
- Scheduled one calendar year at a time.
- MUST commit to one 4-hour shift per week, every week.
- Consistent attendance is required.