Standards of Behavior
Exceptional care and customer service are the cornerstones of Medical City and have been since our founding in 1974. Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. From the beginning, this principle, along with our Patient Promise, shapes who we are and strengthens our vision. This promise is a document that each employee reads and signs to make their own individual commitment to the organization and the patients we serve. Please take a moment to hear employees talk about our Patient Promise and what being a part of Medical City means to them.
Regular employee satisfaction surveys give our staff the opportunity to voice opinions and give feedback. Medical City has continued to experience increased employee satisfaction in recent years while turnover has decreased. These measurements allow us to make the claim that our employees are not only satisfied with their work environment but are also proud to be part of the Medical City family.
In anonymous surveys, our employees describe the Medical City culture with statements like:
- “I’ve been here 25 years and what keeps me here is the people.”
- “Teamwork is great here.”
- “I like everyone I work with. The doctors are great!”
- “I like people and the work I do is important.”
- “We work as a team! It’s the people.”
- “The hospital is trying to be the BEST in Dallas—and I’m a part of it.”
- “I feel appreciated for what I do and get lots of ‘positives’ from the people I work with.”