From Medical City Dallas, Hisayo Pelton, Rick Reddick, Jenna Taylor, Kara Eastom, Eric Rodriguez received the 2017 award. Kamela Lancaster, Emily Williams were recognized from Medical City Dallas Hospital.
“The Great 100 Nurses” event recognizes registered nurses for their excellence in the art and science of nursing. Nurses were nominated by peers, patients or physicians and selected because they are role models, leaders, compassionate caregivers and significant contributors to the nursing profession. Honorees come from all practice areas in nursing, including acute care, sub-acute care, school nursing, nurse leaders, academics and more. More than 700 nominations were received.
“This honor recognizes the special expertise, passion and commitment to the excellent care our nurses consistently provide our patients and communities,” says Carol Gregory, Chief Nursing Executive for Medical City Healthcare. “I’m extremely proud of our honorees and nursing team.”
A total of 23 nurses from nine Medical City Healthcare hospitals and the North Texas division office are among the honorees to be recognized during the 2017 DFW Great 100 Nurses Celebration on April 17 at the Morton H. Meyerson Symphony Center.
- Medical City Children’s Hospital: Kamela Lancaster, Emily Williams
- Medical City Dallas: Hisayo Pelton, Rick Reddick, Jenna Taylor, Kara Eastom, Eric Rodriguez
- Medical City Healthcare: Rowena Yates
- Medical City Alliance: Nelson Martinez
- Medical City Denton: Cynthia Lang, Elizabeth Rock
- Medical City Green Oaks: Dusty Cornelius
- Medical City Lewisville: Theresa Beebe, Paula Hanna, Jamie Hancock
- Medical City McKinney: Ann Dutze, Gary Huey, Mark Lasonbee, Mike Mixson, Cassidi Roberts
- Medical City North Hills: Florence Murray, Shannon Croft
- Medical Center of Plano: Michelle Hooks