Edwin S. Flores, PhD, JD
How long have you been a Medical City Board Member?
Since June 2009
What inspired you to join the Medical City Board?
The mission, the vision and the Keys to the City. At every level of the organization, I have witnessed leadership, pride and a focus on patient care.
What do you like most about Medical City?
The medical excellence coupled with its central location in the City of Dallas makes Medical City an optimal choice for medical care.
What other community organizations are you involved with?
- May 2005 - Present: Trustee, District 1 - Dallas Independent School District
- Jan. 2008: NIH-NIGMS Advisory Council - National Institute of General Medical Sciences, National Institutes of Health
- Oct. 2008: Present: NIH Council of Councils - Office of Portfolio Analysis and Strategic Initiatives (OPASI), National Institutes of Health
- 2009 - Present: Board of Directors, Medical City Hospital
- 2008 - Present: The Dallas Assembly
- 2007 - Present: Executive Board, Circle Ten Council, Boy Scouts of America
- 2003 - Present: Trustee, Executive Committee, The Museum of Nature & Science
- 2006 - Present: Board of Directors, SMU, Tate Lecture Series
- 2008 - Present: Trustee, Good Sheppard Episcopal School
Is there anything particularly interesting or important that you would like to share?
I believe that education is the great equalizer. Given the disparities in health care delivery, an educated consumer of medical services matched with a hospital committed to patient education will become the model for patient care in the United States and overseas.