Barbara Watkins, Vice-Chair
How long have you been a Medical City Board Member?
7 1/2 years
What inspired you to join the Medical City Board?
The outstanding staff and the effort put forth to provide patient-centered medical services.
What do you like most about Medical City?
The culture of the organization. Employees in general will always go above and beyond to be among the best!
What other community organizations are you involved with?
Executive Committee of:
- Dallas Historical Society
- Board Member and President Emerita:
- Parkland Foundation
- North Texas Super Bowl XLV Host Committee
Past Board Member:
- United Way of Metropolitan Dallas
- United Way of Texas
- The Senior Source
- African American Museum
- Dallas Museum of Arts
- Texas Medical Association Foundation
- Texas Cancer Board
- Baylor College of Dentistry
- Vogel Alcove Child Care Center
- Ursuline Foundation
- Council on Policy Development
- Texas Hospital Association
- North Dallas Chamber of Commerce
Is there anything particularly interesting or important that you would like to share?
I had the privilege of being the first Chair of the Dallas Human Services Commission. I was the recipient of the J. Erick Jonsson Award for Volunteerism, United Way of Metropolitan Dallas and several other awards.