Barbara Watkins, Vice-Chair
How long have you been a Medical City Board Member?
What inspired you to join the Medical City Board?
The outstanding staff and the effort put forth to provide patient-centered medical services.
What do you like most about Medical City?
The culture of the organization. Employees in general will always go above and beyond to be among the best!
What other community organizations are you involved with?
- Council on Policy Development, Texas Hospital Association
- Board Member and President Emerita: Parkland Foundation
- Charter 100
- The Dallas Summit
Past Board Member:
- North Texas Super Bowl XLV Host Committee KERA
- Dallas Historical Society
- United Way of Metropolitan Dallas
- United Way of Texas
- The Senior Source
- African American Museum
- Dallas Museum of Arts
- Texas Medical Association Foundation
- North Dallas Chamber of Commerce
Is there anything particularly interesting or important that you would like to share?
I had the privilege of being the first Chair of the Dallas Human Services Commission. And being a recipient of the J. Erick Jonsson Award for Volunteerism, United Way of Metropolitan Dallas along with several other awards.